Rule– Relief Cargo
Publication Date: 09/22/2017
Effective Date: 09/22/2017 unless otherwise indicated
Amendment Code: I, R
Special Use Number:
|Request #: CHAHOSA393|
Carrier will provide a 10% discount on Base Ocean Freight for Shipments of Accredited Relief or Charitable Organizations.
Any discounted bill of lading will be claused “For Relief Purposes, Not for Resale.” All applications for such discount must
be made in writing and are subject to approval by
the Carrier prior to booking.
1. Relief Shipments will apply only on emergency goods (i.e. food, clothing, medical supplies, etc.), and will not include shipments such as
rebuilding / restocking supplies.
2. All request must be submitted in writing to the appropriate Trade Lane responsible for the destination port seeking the relief. The written
request must provide the name, address, telephone and fax numbers of the requesting bonafide relief agency; the agency’s or organization’s
tax exempt number, if applicable; the specific request (i.e. type and amount of cargo, which island name, address and telephone number of
consignee, etc.) and the name of the person making the request.
3. The shipment must be shipped by a non-profit
agency or organization or consigned to an non-profit agency or organization in
the destination port.
4. All cargo is subject to the terms and conditions
of this tariff.
Not applicable to cargo moving under Service Contract.
As a result of damages caused by a hurricane,
Carrier will provide rate relief as outlined in this rule for hurricane relief
shipments sent from Carrier approved relief organizations or consigned to
Carrier approved relief organizations. The discount for relief shipments will
apply only on emergency goods (i.e., food, clothing, medical supplies,
generators, small appliances, including, portable stoves, lanterns, coolers,
mattresses, bedding, toiletries, other donated goods not for resale. Rates not
applicable to cargo moving under Service Contract.
Additional terms for Hurricane Relief:
1. All request must be submitted in writing to Carriers' Hurricane Central operations center. The written request must provide the name, address, telephone and fax numbers of the requesting party; the specific request (i.e. type and amount of cargo), designate the destination name, address and telephone number of consignee, and the name of the person making the request. Carrier shall determine if the request qualifies for Hurricane Relief rates and Carriers' determination shall be final.
2. Shipper or Consignee must provide to carrier its' plan to receive and distribute goods at destination.
3. Upon Carriers approval, Hurricane Central will provide a Hurricane Relief Shipment Number (Job Number) which must be provided on the documentation. Bills of lading must be claused “For relief purposes, not for resale."
4. Only shipments of dry cargo moving in 20’ and 40 dry FCL containers will be eligible. Shipments that are out of gauge cargo, or equipment other than 20’ or 40’ dry containers are not eligible for Hurricane Relief rates but may be considered upon request.
5. Free time:
a. FCL dry containers are picked up and returned to the port within 7 days of arrival at the port.
6. Per diem charges shall apply after the expiration of free time as follows:
a. Dry Container: $20.00 per day
7. Any other special requests outside these guidelines will be considered on a case by case basis. A written request should be submitted to Hurricane Central.
Hurricane Relief Rates:
POL: Point Lisas Seaport, Trinidad
POD: St John's Seaport, Antigua
The Carrier will transport a maximum of twenty (20) TEUs in total per approved relief organization as follows:
Cargo consigned to: Office of Disaster Preparedness
and Management (ODPM) C/O Caribbean Emergency Disaster Management Agency (CDEMA)
Rates will be filed under the Commodity ““Hurricane Relief Rates-Bonafide Relief Organizations” and applies as specified.
Per 20' dry container... - $800.00 Total Freight
Per 40' dry container... - $1000.00 Total Freight
Free time: N/A
Rates are ONLY applicable to Origin Address of Plipdeco LCL Warehouse Atlantic Drive, Point Lisas Industrial Estate, Couva, Trinidad for the ODPM. Rate is inclusive of PTS Terminal Handling, ANT Landing, ANT Destination Port Surcharge, Bunker & Bill of Lading Processing Fee. Rate is inclusive of all lift on & lift off charges from Origin to Destination. Rates are not subject to the Peak Season Surcharge effective 09/24/2017.